- Design, install, operate and secure LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet and intranet systems in order to maintain integrity of the network and server deployment;
- Install and maintain network facilities and troubleshoot of problems affecting the network;
- Produce, in collaboration with the IT officer, an inventory of existing or needed ICT network equipments;
- Maintain, in collaboration with concerned staff, a proper management and update of the District’s website using data received from diverse units;
- Maintain and support network users’ devices
- Participate in the control of maintenance services performed by contractors hired by the Institution.
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or A1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Ability to research and analyze technology problems, issues, and program requirements.
- Strong skill level with firewall design, implementation and rule sets
- Strong skill level with load balancer configuration
- Experience with common routing protocols including BGP and OSPF
- Knowledge of the principles, methods of IT project planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation Skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage